In light of the new General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from the 25th May 2018, the club has developed a Privacy Notice which describes what information the club collects during the club’s application and recruitment processes, why the club collects it, how the club uses that information, how and where the information is stored, and how to access and update that information.
Receptionist (Part Time)
Hours: 28 hours per week plus matchdays (first team home games, including weekends and evenings)
Salary: £10.88 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist (Part Time), based at Villa Park. The Receptionist will provide a professional and friendly front of house service. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience from a similar role.
The role will be part of a strong Reception team who greet all visitors to Villa Park at the main North Stand Reception and other Reception duties across the Clubs Estate as and when required. You will act as an ambassador for the Club and welcome all that visit the Club in a professional manner to ensure that their experience is a memorable one.
- Meet and greet all visitors to reception and ensure all club security protocols are adhered to
- Give advice to visitors on where to go around the club and liaise with all departments on arrival of visitors for appointments
- Operate the club switchboard and deal with incoming telephone enquiries
- Deal with fan enquiries
- Assist the Senior Receptionist in the delivery of the Reception Services function
- General administration support for the club as required
- Available to work all matchdays on any reception areas as directed by the club
- Meet and greet fans and hospitality customers as required
- Meet and greet VIPs, players and families as required
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Computer literate in the following, Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel, Power point, Access
- Team player
- Can do attitude
- Be able to communicate with internal & external stakeholders
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to communicate with all levels
- Able to be deal with more difficult requests, queries and challenging enquiries from fans
- Confidentiality in the position is critical to maintain the high standards that the club requires
Aston Villa celebrates the diversity of its club and its supporters. As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
To apply please send your Covering Letter (including your current salary details and notice period), CV and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Buckell, Human Resources Co-ordinator, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th January 2019